From Apple Trees to Cider, Please! by Felicia Sanzari Chernesky

 


I love finding some life cycle books especially since it teaches my family how food came to be. In this book, grab a wagon, it's a bright autumn day and the trees are full of ripe, red apples! There's an apple festival underway at the farm and lots of work to do making cider. From Apple Trees to Cider, Please! by Felicia Sanzari Chernesky illustrated by Julia Patton was published in September 2015. 


This is a fiction take on how apples are made into apple cider. The illustrations are colorful and really entertained Cassie a lot. She loved looking at the illustrations in this book and seeing the different things on each page. I loved how they interlinked the truth of apples into apple cider into a small story-line. As not every kid will see how apple ciders are created. I recommend checking this book out for your family. 

Check out other Letter of the Week Books.

Check out other books on Cassie's book list. 


With this book, I did two different activities. I first bought three different types of apples. I then had the kids tell me if they thought the apples would float or sink. We then cut the apples open and had the kids try each apple. We then filled out a chart saying if we liked the apple or not. 


The other activity we did was we made a little a out of red paper and then I took apple seeds and glued it in the middle of the a. 

 



Comments

Popular Posts