Captain Duck by Jez Alborough

 



My kids love reading about ducks doing weird, silly, funny little things. When I found this book, I knew we had to check it out from the library. In this book, Goat thinks his boat is safely moored. He doesn't see Duck jump on board, what dangers are afloat when Duck is a captain of the boat? Captain Duck by Jez Alborough was published in September 2002. 

I read this book during a play date of Cassie's with her friend M. Both girls loved looking at the illustrations in this book but other then that didn't really enjoy the storyline. I felt it was odd that Duck was not getting trouble for stealing and causing all of the mischief on the boat. The illustrations are colorful and you can add your own text to the book if you want. This book was okay to read aloud, some parts really was easy to read aloud where other parts it was difficult to read and I stumbled along. I really had huge hopes for this book and I felt like it fell flat on it's face. I don't recommend checking this story out. 






Comments

Popular Posts