Tap Tap Boom Boom by Elizabeth Bluemle


I have not one but two kids who are scared of storms. All my awesome tricks to help get them through their fears did not work for these two. So, I decided it was time to go to books and see if they can help calm their fears. In this book, the clouds are gathering above the city street and soon - tap, tap, boom, boom! As a thunderstorm rolls in, people of all stripes race down to the subway to get away from the rain and wind. Tap Tap Boom Boom by Elizabeth Bluemle illustrated by G. Brain Karas was published in March 2014. This book was a nominee for Charlotte Zolotow Award for Honor Book in 2015. 

 I had a lot of hope for this story but I felt like it didn't have much of a story-line compare to other books we have read. Which is create for the younger kids but Cassie grew bored with it very quickly. The illustrations are cute and really keep kids attention. They are life-like and have different races as well as different type of people in them. I really like how inclusive it was. But I felt like this story needed a better story-line instead of just relying on the pictures. This book was okay to read-aloud but the pictures did tell the story more then the words. 





Comments

Popular Posts