Thunder-Boomer! by Shutta Crum

 


Storms are scary for kids. The bright lights and then the thunder that sometimes feels like it comes out of no where. It can be a scary thing. In this book, A summer storm brings relief from the heat - and a surprise - to the farm family. It's a hot day on the farm, and a little girl, her brother, and their mother are cooling off at the pond. When dark clouds roll in. Thunder-Boomer by Shutta Crum illustrated Carol Thompson was published in 2009. 


I had a lot of hope for this book but it fell way flat. I flat like it was lacking in story-line and in character development. But I felt like the book was so full of things going on each page that it was hard for the little readers to keep up. I also had a hard time reading this book aloud as some of the words sent me tripping over my own tongue it felt like. The illustrations were packed full and so busy that it left my kids spinning. They couldn't get into this book at all. The illustrations are colorful. I don't recommend checking this book out. 







Comments

Popular Posts