Book Review: Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep

My name is Gwen Frost, and I go to Mythos Academy; a school of myths, magic and warrior whiz kids, where even the lowliest geek knows how to chop off somebody's head with a sword and Logan Quinn, the hottest Sparten guy in school, also happens to be the deadliest. But lately, things have been weird, even for Mythos. First, mean girl Jasmine Ashton was murdered in the Library of Antiquities. Then, someone stole the Bowl of Tears, a magical artifact that can be used to bring about the second Chaos War. You know, death, destruction and lots other bad, bad, things. Freaky stuff like this goes on all the time at Mythos, but I'm determined to find out who killed Jasmine and why; especially since I should have been the one who died...read more in "Touch of Frost" by Jennifer Estep.

What can I say about this book. So what drew me into this book was the amazing cover. It grabs at you and wants you to turn the page. The title is interesting and kept me wanting to know if the main character was going to touch a person and freeze them. Just to let you know, she does not do that. So Gwen Frost is not like the others at her school Mythos Academy. No, she's an outsider a Gypsy. So she has no friends and feels like she is on the outside looking in. But, luckily for her and the reader things changed. Okay, so this story dragged on in the beginning. But, lucky for you I stuck it out and it got so much better. Gwen was a flat character in the beginning by the middle she was well rounded. There was more to her then meets the eye. The other characters and their descriptions were really well and I was able to picture them. The ending is a complete surprise. No where do you see hints throughout this book about what is going to happen. Ahh...this book ended on a great note and I can't wait to read book 2.

If you like this book read:
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Comments

Popular Posts