Book Review: Shiver Me Letters: A Pirate ABC by June Sobel


So who wouldn't like pirates as a little kid. When I saw this book I knew that I had to borrow it from the library to read to my three year old as we learned about the alphabet. This book did not disappoint and my older two kiddos were in luck when Mason selected to read this for bedtime. In the book "Shiver Me Letters: A Pirate ABC" by June Sobel the illustrations were so colorful and really draw your eyes in to the whole book. Also the illustrations covered the whole page so there was a lot to see on each page. I really liked how they didn't have to stretch the text to fit each letter. The kids had a blast saying arr...through out the book as we read it. Ginny (7 years old) loved being able to read along with me. Miles (5 years old) loved shouting Ar...and pointing out the letters. Mason (3 years old) just giggled through out the book. But don't take our word for it check out this book. It might surprise you....ARR...

Don't forget to check out Mason 1000 Books before Kindergarten list.

Comments

Popular Posts