The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle

 


In autumn, a strong wind blows flower seeds high in the air and carries them far across the land. One by one, many of the seeds are lost --burned by the sun, fallen into the ocean, eaten by a bird. But some survive the long winter and, come spring, sprout into plants, facing new dangers --trampled by playing children, picked as a gift for a friend. Soon only the tiniest seed remains, growing into a giant flower and, when autumn returns, sending its own seeds into the wind to start the process over again. The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle was published in June 1970. 

I am actually surprised that this book has not won any special awards. This is another books that tends to be shared with my kids as they grow old. I believe I myself was read this book once upon a time. Anyways, this is such a cute story with a flower's life cycle. I always enjoy Eric Carle illustrations in his books and the ones he makes for other authors. They are always so bright and colorful and really draw kids attention to them. This story is really easy to read and really flows from one page to the other. Kids really enjoy reading them and I enjoy reading them to my kids. I can't wait to share the joy to future generations just not any time soon. I highly recommend checking out this book. 


Comments

Popular Posts