It's Raining Cats and Dogs by M. Drew

 


When Grandpa says, "It's raining cats and dogs!", does he really mean that armfuls of cats and dogs are about to fall from the sky?" Cozy up because a storm is on its way and this time it's bringing more than raindrops and muddy puddles! In a furry downpour, armful of cats and dogs will be dropped on one lucky little girl's doorsteps. Come along for an adventurous day full of kitty purrs and puppy kisses and leave with a heartful of love and friendship. It's Raining Cats & Dogs by M. Drew illustrated by Margherita Grasso was published in September 2020. 

I love how they use famous sayings that I grew up with hearing from my parents to help kids understand them. I know my mom has a lot of them that I end up trying to explain to my kids on what they mean. My favorite is: "Are you born in a barn?,  Take a chill pill, Your daddy is not a glass maker" to name a few. With one child who is on the spectrum and takes things very literal its been fun explaining how it works. The illustrations in this book are bright and colorful. It really draws kids to look at the book. I love how detailed each page was and how well they fit the text in the book. The words in this book are fun and light hearted. For first grade up I think they will be able to read the pages. I read this book to my kids though and it was really easy to read. I had no stumbling over the pages because it flowed really well. I highly recommend checking this book out especially if you are teaching idioms and fugitive speech. 

Comments

Popular Posts