Big Dog ---Little Dog by P.D. Eastman

 


Two dogs who are opposite in every way are also the best friends. The bold, colorful drawings are appealing and emphasize the concepts of size, color, and opposites. Big Dog---Little Dog: A Bedtime Story by P.D. Eastman was published in January 1973. This book is apart of the Fred and Ted series. 

This is a cute book and really is good to talk about opposite words with preschoolers. Cassie and I read this book for the Letter D week. She wasn't much of a fun of this book and was bored at the text. Some of the words were a little above her age group yet the book was made for preschoolers. I had to explain some of the words to her. But it's a cute book and I think it's a way to talk about opposites but also I used it to talk about how everyone is not the same. The illustrations are colorful and the animals in the book are cute. I recommend you check it out. 




Comments

Popular Posts