A Seed is Sleepy by Dianna Hutts Aston

 


Poetic in voice and elegant in design, the book introduce children to a fascinating array of seed and plant facts, making it a guide that is equally at home being read on a parent's lap as in a classroom reading circle. A Seed is Sleepy by Dianna Hutts Aston illustrated by Sylvia Long was published in March 2007. 

Can we talk about the amazing illustrations in this book. The illustrations are so life-like that it makes feel like they are pictures. I love how they are colorful but the natural colors of seed. Cassie really enjoyed looking at the illustrations in this book. The text in this book is more towards kids in 2-5 grade rather then preschool level. It goes in depth on each page to describe what is happening to the seeds. For Cassie I just read the big words on the page and for her that was perfect. But I know for my other kids I would have read all the text on the page. I recommend checking this book out it's perfect to talk about seeds and how they are different. 





Comments

Popular Posts