Book Review: Fly Guy's Ninja Christmas by Tedd Arnold

My son Miles who is five started to check out Fly Guy series from school. So when I saw they had a Christmas one I had to grab it from our public library to surprise him. Even better was when he actually read a sentence for the first time without help to me.  For those who do not know, my son Miles was diagnosed at three years old as a non-verbal low functioning autistic. We have come a long way from our diagnoses. So hearing him read a sentence out loud was amazing feat for him and for us to see. YaY! So"Fly Guy's Ninja Christmas" by Tedd Arnold is number 16 in the series. This is a series that you can read not in order it doesn't matter as each book has it's own storyline, perfect for kids. Also, these are young kids chapter books.

In this book, Fly Guy and Buzz are about to celebrate Christmas. When Fly Guy realizes he doesn't have a present to give to his friend Buzz. So he goes out looking for one when he meets a stranger whom he has to fight off with his ninja actions.

Okay, I like these books because my kids like them. Also that it's a simple chapter book to introduce chapter books to kids. This book was pretty funny and my kids and actually also my mom were laughing at the antics throughout this book. The illustrations by Tedd Arnold are very simple and basic drawing. The words are simple but they leave kids giggling and laughing throughout the book. I recommend checking this book out for kindergarten to third grade.

Check out other books on Mason's 1000 books before kindergarten and Cassie's 1000 books before kindergarten.


Comments

Popular Posts