Book Review: The Birds of Bethlehem by Tomie dePaola


I like to find unusual books that people don't normally pick up to read for a holiday. I found "The Birds of Bethlehem" by Tomie dePaola and decided this was a book that I needed to check out for my kids. In this book it's the Nativity story told from a bird's-eye view.

So first lets talk about the illustrations. This book is a little different from the other books by Tomie dePaola but yet they are still very simple illustrations that get to the point. they are colorful and simple which is perfect for the Nativity story. The text in the book is a little harder for my three year old and 4 month old to understand but my five year old and seven year old understood and enjoyed the book. It led our family into discussions on what other animals were affected on the first Christmas. It's a beautiful told story that your family will be able to enjoy.

Check out other books on Mason's 1000 books before Kindergarten and Cassie's 1000 books before Kindergarten list.



Comments

Popular Posts