Enemy Pie by Derek Munson

 


It was the perfect summer. That is, until Jeremy Ross moved into the house down the street and became neighborhood enemy number one. Luckily Dad had a surefire way to get rid of enemies: Enemy Pie. But part of the secret recipe is spending an entire day playing with the enemy! In this funny yet endearing story, one little boy learns an effective recipes for turning your best enemy into your best friend. Enemy Pie by Derek Munson illustrated by Tara Calahan King was published in September 1st, 2000. 

I read this book to my four kids before the start of school. Where we talk about bullies and just a lot of growth mindset. As I want my kids to learn how to be good humans in the world and there is a lot of books out there with those type of stories. The illustrations in this book are not very colorful and it was hard to keep the younger two kids attention to the story. My older kids liked the story and we all love the story-line in this story. Even though I knew what the dad was doing when he had his son interact with the enemy. It's a great story and I recommend people to check it out. Bonus there is a recipe for enemy pie in the back of the book. 





Comments

Popular Posts