Pancakes for Supper by Anne Isaacs

 


When her family's wagon hits a bump, golden-haired Toby Littlewood is hurled into the sky and lands deep in the snowy forest. There she meets a prickly porcupine, an enormous bear, and a hungry cougar, among other fearsome creatures. Cleverly, she talks each one out of eating her by offering up her fancy clothes. Pancakes for Supper by Anne Isaacs illustrated by Mark Teague was published in 2006. 


I had a lot of hope for this book and as a family who often eats pancakes for dinner I felt like this book fell flat. My kids were bored while I read it and it was hard to keep their attention. The illustrations are amazing and I just wish the book had a different story-line. My kids didn't even want to finish the book which is sad. I don't recommend checking this book out. 




Comments

Popular Posts