The Bad Guys: Episode 1 by Aaron Blabey


They sound like the Bad Guys, they look like the Bad Guys ... and they even smell like the Bad Guys. But Mr. Wolf, Mr. Piranha, Mr. Snake, and Mr. Shark are about to change all of that! Mr. Wolf has a daring plan for the Bad Guys first good mission. The gang are going to break 200 dogs out of the Maximum Security City Dog Pound. Will Operation Dog Pound go smoothly? The Bad Guys Episode 1 by Aaron Blabey was published in July 2015. It has won/nominated for Deutscher Jugendliteraturpreis Nominee for Bilderbuch 2017, Australian Independent Booksellers Indie Book Award for Children's in 2016, Bluestem Book Award Nominee in 2020, and Monarch Award Nominee in 2020. 

So I am big on my kids reading throughout the summer as it will only help their vocabulary and reading to improve. I also usually buy them a book or two to that might interest them to read. I was not ready for this book at all. I bought this book for Mason and to tell you the truth I think I really enjoyed it as an adult. This book is so funny that Mason and I were giggling throughout the book. The text is simple enough that a kid leaving first grade can read it with little help from an adult. The chapters are not long and their was not a lot of wording in the book. The illustrations in this book are amazing and so well done. The story-line is perfect and so what I expect from the main characters when you realize that some of them come from literary books. I highly recommend that you check out this book. 







Comments

Popular Posts