The Bad Butterfly (Billie B Brown #1) by Sally Rippin

 


Billie has started ballet classes. She is sure she'll be a great dancer! But is Billie really cut out to be a ballerina? The Bad Butterfly by Sally Rippin was published in September 2009. This is the first book in the Billie B Brown series. 

I actually had the pleasure of reading a different book when Ginny was younger from this series. So I of course loved that book so I knew that I needed to get some more of the books and start reading them to Cassie. Because it's important to get her patient ability to be longer when reading books together. As it will be important as she learns to read on her own but also when the books get longer that we read together. This is a short chapter book that an adult can read on their own in a single day. But of course when reading to a two year old you can only read a chapter a day. I love Billie so much in this book. She is every little girl who wants to do it all. She wants to be the girlie girl but she also wants to do the big sports as well. She wants to be who she is and that is totally okay. I loved the illustrations throughout this book. Also Cassie really enjoyed listening to me read it and was excited to find out we had more Billie books. 






Comments

Popular Posts