Fox in Socks by Dr. Seuss

 


"Hear's an easy game to play. Here's an easy thing to say...New socks. Two socks. Whose socks? Sue's socks." But Mr. Fox Socks isn't about to let Knox off so easy. Soon Goo-Goose is choosing to chew chewy blue goo, while tweetle beetles battle with puddles in a puddle (in case you were wondering, that's called a "tweetle beetle puddle paddle battle"). Mr. Knox gets exasperated: "I can't blab such blibber blubber! My tongue isn't made of rubber." But he catches on to the game before it's all though. Fox in Socks by Dr. Seuss was published in 1965. 


This book is so hard to read a loud with the amazing tongue twisters that come from it. My kids love this classic story and so I can't help but read it aloud over and over again. I think though some of the joy is watching mom stumble while reading it aloud. The illustrations are bright and colorful and really grab the attention. Just like a lot of Dr. Seuss books there is not much a story line but kids just love trying to read the sentences as fast as they can without making a mistake. I highly recommend you check out this amazing classic book. 







Comments

Popular Posts