Book Review: Are You Ready to Play Outside? by Mo Williams

You are most likely going to see lots of Mo Willems books pop up on my reading list and reviews in the next coming weeks. My oldest two kids are in love with this author. I have to admit this Author knows how to draw kids in to his books so very well. Well, this book is one of his books. This book is in the Elephant and Piggie series. "Are You Ready to Play Outside?" by Mo Willems won a Theodor Seuss Gisel Award in 2009. It is #7 of the Elephant and Piggie series. One good thing about this series is you can totally read it out of order. YAY! So in this book, Gerald (Elephant) and Piggie want to play outside. They want to do all the fun things outside when something happens.

So, I really liked reading this book to my kids. Mo Williems love to make words go bigger or smaller depending on how loud the reader needs to be. Plus, it's a quick read which I like since I am the one reading it. My kids giggle because I love to give the characters a different voice then each other. We love how simple this book is with it's words and illustrations. Who knew you can make a whole book using only conversations. Mo Willems found the niche that was needed with this book. I totally recommend reading this book to your kids and if your a teacher class. It touches for all ages.

Check out other books on Mason's 1000 Books Before Kindergarten

Comments

Popular Posts