Book Review: Only for Him by Cristin Harber


So I found this book on booklending.com and fell in love with the cover. I, Kendra, pick some books by their covers. Okay that being said this series comes in 4 books and this one is the first book of it's series which means hopefully soon you will see book two pop up in reviews. So this book is about a girl named Emma and a boy named Grayson. Grayson is the boy that only saw Emma as his best friend's little sister. So you know what that means....yep, Emma had a huge crush on him. (Sorry, my own brother friends I never had a crush on you.) Back to the story...anyways so it follows along the two of them testing each other attraction. Grayson doesn't think he is good enough for Emma because of the lifestyle he grew up on while Emma can't believe he might have feelings back for her. I would continue but I don't want to spoil it. But let me warn you there is a huge cliffhanger at end of the book.

I really really liked this romance in this book. It's on the edge of being young adult book but too steamy for teens. Sorry teens this is a very much adult book with some scenes. I really liked how Cristin Harber created Emma and Grayson in this story. As they felt real as I watched each and every scene play out. Their was a slow build of their relationship which I loved, I personally have read books where it was "SURPRISE...THEY ARE IN LOVE." I didn't feel that at all with this book. I felt the gradual of their relationship. I mean she knew him as a girl so it kind of had a relationship before the book even started. Also the other characters in the book didn't feel flat either which was amazing. Okay...let me share some quotes that I had to highlight in this story because this author was a genius with her words.

"See, this is the thing." He leans closer. "Me kissing you, you disappearing, that's my nightmare." -Cristin Harber, Only for Him

"We're done ignoring us." -Cristin Harber, Only for Him

"Grayson: No more stories. That's all I've ever needed." -Cristin Harber, Only for Him

Like I said this book was amazing and I can't wait to read the next book in the series.

I recommend this book to other romantic adults.

Comments

Popular Posts