Book Review: Five Conversations You Must Have with Your Daughter by Vicki Courtney

This book is about discussions a mom should have with their daughters as they grow and mature into adulthood. I wanted to read this book because I have two daughters of my own. My oldest daughter is seven years old and a girly girl. She already is caring on how she dresses and if anyone is going to like her. For me that is the total opposite of how I was growing up. I hung out with boys more then girls because I didn't like the girl drama. So I need so much help to help her navigate the world as she grows up. So I started to read "5 Conversations You Must Have with Your Daughter" by Vicki Courtney. I really enjoyed how each chapter was a different conversation to have with your child and how it had a Christian base to it. But, I felt like it didn't have enough examples of conversations that you should have. I felt like it lack a lot in examples and that the book just felt like one big lecture and judgement to a parent. I wanted stories of how to approach your child and how to word things. I didn't feel that at all. So for me it was a let down. Sigh...I really did want to like it.



Comments

Popular Posts