Over the River by Derek Anderson


Over the river Mama, Papa, and Baby Turkey embark for their vegetarian Thanksgiving Feast. But when a hungry boy and his dog start sniffing around, the turkeys have got to think fast before they become the main course! Over the River by Derek Anderson was published in January 2005. 

This was such a unique take on the song Over the River and Through the Woods. I never even thought of seeing a book through a turkey's eyes. The illustrations in this book are bright and colorful. I love how the author kept with the original song but also allowed the pictures to tell their own story along side the famous song. It was a blast to read to Cassie for a bedtime story. She giggled at the silly antics of the Turkey's throughout the book in them trying to hide from the hunter. It's a cute story and I was able to teach Cassie the song Over the River which is the best. I love teaching my kids songs that I grew up learning. 



Comments

Popular Posts