Book Review: Home for Dinner: Mixing Food, Fun, and Conversation for a Happier Family and Healthier Kids by Anne K. Fishel


"Home for Dinner: Mixing Food, Fun, and Conversation for a Happier Family and Healthier Kids" by Anne K. Fishel, Ph.D. is a non-fiction book. This book makes a passionate and informed plea to put mealtime back at the center of family life and supplies compelling evidence and realistic tips for getting even the busiest of families back to the table. Chock full of stories, new research, recipes, and friendly advice. Mealtime is a place to unwind and reconnect, far from the pressures of school and work. As the author notes, family therapy can be helpful, but regular dinner is transformative.

I was really hoping to like this book. But, it's such a slow book and it repeats a lot of the information over and over again. I believe the author was trying to make it a larger book then it should have really been. I really like the concept and it's one of the reasons why my family has dinner together every night. It's very important and I think we all need to keep making sure. I do like how she put different facts in it from different research. I do not recommend this book though.


Comments

Popular Posts