Book Review: Demon Lover by Juliet Dark




In the book, The Demon Lover by Juliet Dark :Since accepting a teaching position at a remote Fairwick College in upstate New York, Callie McFay has experienced the same disturbingly sensual dreams every night: a mist enters her bedroom, then takes the shape of a virile, seductive stranger who proceeds to ravish her. Perhaps these dreams are the result of her having written the bestselling book The Sex Lives of Demon Lovers. Callie's passion is the intersection of lurid fairy tales and Gothic literature. Callie soon realizes that her dreams are real. She has a demon lover and he will seduce her, pleasure her, and eventually suck the life from her. She then finds out that Fairwick has colleges and fairies in the surrounding woods. Callie must accomplish something more difficult banishing the demon from her heart.

I was so excited to finally be able to read this book. It's right up my ally in genre that I have found I connect with the most to. Also the cover was the first thing that made me want to grab this book. It's such an amazing cover and it made it seem like it was made for Young Adults. The sad part is this book is not really for young adults at all. It has some very in depth sexual scenes in it. There were so many parts that dragged on for me it was really hard to keep my attention to the book. Finally, I gave up reading the book when I was more then half-way and was not enjoying the book at all. The sad part was the best parts were when the demon came into her room which started to get far and in between the books. It had a lot of potential but a lot of background things that didn't need to be there at all.

I do not recommend this book.


Comments

Popular Posts