Why Raising Four Little Readers


When I was a little girl I despised reading. Shocker, I really hated because I didn't find a true book to read as well as it was struggle for me to read. It wasn't until I hit middle school (evil) that I found the joy of reading a good book. I found a book that took me away from all the drama of life and all the heartache of life. My parents were going through a divorce, we moved across town to a different school, I ate alone at lunch at school, and I recently found out that I had arthritis throughout my body.  I also had a huge crush on a guy that I went to church with and now he was in middle school (by the way...I married that guy.) Books were a place that I was able to relax and enjoy myself and I didn't have any pressures. The book that changed my life was actually the Harry Potter series.

I want to help my children to see the joy of reading. Even there dad reads by listening to them on audio (he has a learning disability). I find that reading to my kids can create memories that make things so much fun. So I am raising readers and teaching them that reading doesn't have to be something assigned bu it can be away to escape and have fun. We often have a topic we have picked out and we go from there. Sometimes the kids pick their own books, sometimes we read books my older two picked out at school, and sometimes I have a theme that I want to read books from. We just have fun and we can't wait to share our joy of reading and creating little readers with you.


Comments

Popular Posts