A Very Quacky Christmas by Frances Watts

 


In this book, Samantha Duck is getting ready for Christmas and her friend Sabastian thinks she's silly. After all, he says, Christmas isn't for animals. But Samantha knows that Christmas is for everyone and sets out to make sure that all the animals have a very quacky Christmas. A Very Quacky Christmas is by Frances Watts and illustrated by Ann James. 

I saw this book at the library and knew that I had to check it out for my kids especially Cassie. I love reading Christmas theme books to my kids. It's a huge weakness so of course I had to start on Thanksgiving night bedtime to read our first Christmas book of the season. This book did not disappoint at all. The book starts pretty slow but it is easy to follow to it and watch Samantha Duck get reading to celebrate Christmas. Everything she is doing is not for her benefit but all the animals in the world. I love that there was no selfishness involved. Cassie loved the book and loved looking at the basic illustrations. She loved how it used so many different animals on the farm. She also loved the funny song at the very end. This book is really easy to read aloud and of course you have to sing the song in the end of the book. I recommend this hidden gem ten times over. 





Comments

Popular Posts