Book Review: How Full is Your Bucket? for Kids by Tom Rath and Mary Reckmeyer


I decided before school starts that we were going to work on our growth mindset to better prepare them to things that happen at school. I found, "How to Full is Your Bucket? for Kids" by Tom Rath and Mary Reckmeyer and thought how perfect this was to learn about the bucket analogy. This is an illustrated adapt of the bestseller "How Full is Your Bucket" for kids through a story of a boy who is learning about the metaphor and watches his bucket during the day.

I absolutely love this book. I love how it takes the metaphor of bucket filling and explains how we each have one for kids. My kids took to this book right away and for weeks they were saying, "My bucket is emptying because of your mean words." My kids also learned that they themselves can fill their own buckets. The illustrations are colorful and keep the kids attention to the book and really shows what the story is about. They are simple in it though and for this book it works because you don't want kids to be distracted from the words. I recommend this to every family to check it out and read to their kids.

Check out other books on Mason's 1000 books before Kindergarten.

Check out books on Ginny's reading list.



Comments

Popular Posts