Book Review: Rah, Rah, Radishes!: A Vegetable Chant by April Pulley Sayre


Like every parent I struggle to get my kids to eat vegetables and we all know how healthy they are for you. My four kids do not like vegetables what so ever. Even the cute little eight month old doesn't like her veggies. So I try to find books sometimes that promote eating these veggies but also try to get them to see them in a different light. In "Rah, Rah, Radishes!" by April Pulley Sayre is a cute chant about vegetables. It rhymes and celebrates fresh veggies and the many colors that they come in.

My kids were not really interested in this book as I would have liked. I don't know if it was just the day we read it or if it just didn't capture their attention. I loved this book though from the amazing pictures of what each vegetable looks to to the amazing rhyming text that made me sing or chant it out to my kids. We will try this book again at another time to see if they like it a different day.

Check out other books on Mason's 1000 books before Kindergarten.


Comments

Popular Posts