Book Review: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K Rowling, John Tiffany, and Jack Thorne



When I heard there was going to be a new Harry Potter book I was overjoyed. I loved the Harry Potter series. I came to reading the series when I was in seventh grade. I just went through my parents divorce, moved to a new school, and found out a couple years before I had rheumatoid arthritis. So I was dealing with a lot and I just wanted to escape the world. I had an awesome English teacher who suggested that I read the Harry Potter series. It wasn't the type of story I would normally read but I checked out Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban. It was the third book in the series but I loved it from start in finish. I read it all afternoon after school to the morning where I finished it. I then checked out number one, two, and four. I loved the books but had to wait for book five. I even got my best friend Sarah into the books. My friend Sarah and I went to the midnight book releases for book 5, 6, and 7. We went to all the movies when they hit theater. I even named my daughter after one of the characters. So, I had to read this book and now I have. 
In Harry Potter and Cursed Child by J.K Rowling, John Tiffany, and Jack Throne. Harry, Ron, and Hermione are adults. Harry and Ginny's son Albus is struggling with being a slytherine as the son of the Chosen One. He struggles making friends and in his class. He befriends Draco Malfoy's son Scorpius and they go on their own adventure to change the time to help a fallen hero. What they don't know is when you mess with the past things change in the future. 

I loved this story and loved seeing familiar faces of my beloved book series. I just wish it was in book form rather then in play form. I loved how Harry struggles being a father as he didn't have much of a father growing up. I loved how Ginny has to teach him how to handle certain things with his children. I wish we saw more of the children of Ron and Hermione's as well as Harry's other children James and Lily. It was a great read and nice to come back to the Harry Potter world once again. 

I recommend this book to everyone who loved the series. 

Other books in the series:


Comments

Popular Posts