The Right Number of Elephants by Jeff Sheppard

 



In a joyous twist on the counting-book concept, a girl decides how many elephants are needed to pull a train out of a tunnel, paint the ceiling, go to the beach and so on. The Right Number of Elephants by Jeff Sheppard illustrated by Felicia Bond was published in 1990. 

I received a huge box and a lot of children's books from my mother-in-law that my husband grew up reading when they downsized from a house to a house on wheels. So I was excited to start reading more books from my husband's past to our children. I never actually read this book before so it was fun to see what it was about. I was surprised on how the text flowed from each page there was no stumbling happening. I loved how the illustrations helped bring the story alive and that this book was not a normal counting book that you find. Cassie really enjoyed looking at all the elephants each with their own personalities (she's really into elephants lately). This book is adorable and I recommend checking it out. 




Comments

Popular Posts