Book Review: Through the Eyes of Hope: Love More, Worry Less, and See God in the Midst of Your Adversity


I was asked by the author and publishing to give my honest review. Lacy Buchanan fairy tale started like everyone else. She met the love of her life and they were married. Then came a baby in a baby carriage. But things were not like they seem. Lacey Buchanan's son Christian was born with a medical condition that is so unique, it's one of only fifty known cases in the world. This story has captured hearts of hundred of thousands. In "Through the Eyes of Hope", Lacey Buchanan tells story of trusting God in the face of adversity. You will be moved and inspired to hold on to God's promises when things go wrong and find joy in midst of any storm. 

I have been following Lacey and Christian since her little boy was a baby. I saw her famous video, "Mother's Inspirational Video of Blind Baby Boy - Lacey and Christian Buchanan." I fell in love with the strength of Lacey as she conquered each challenge. As you all know, I am a mother of a amazing boy who has his daily struggles. So when I opened the book and read this...I fell in love with Lacey all over again,

 "This book is dedicated to every parent of a child with special needs who has ever felt burned out, run-down, stretched too thin, overwhelmed, or ill-equipped. God has called you, and He will equip you. Your circumstances don't define you, nor do they define the God we serve. His truths are still truth, and He will make good on His promises. You. Are. Enough." 

I thought I knew the story of Lacey and Christian until I read this book. One part I didn't know was that Lacey almost had a miscarriage when she was pregnant with Christian. She prayed for God to let her keep the baby. She wrote this after Christian was born when she demanded God to give her answers. 

"I don't have to explain why right now, and you need to be OK even if you never know why. I am God. You. Are. Not. You prayed for this child. You asked Me to let him live. And. I. Did. I gave you a gift, yet you act like he is a burden." 

I cried reading that because I have many times wondered why I have a son with autism. This book was amazing and helped me understand why Heavenly Father has created my own son the way he is. I have learned so much through Lacey and Christian story and how they profiled each aspect of it. I recommend this book ten times over. It comes out on January 10th, make sure you get yours then. 



Comments

Popular Posts