Book Review: Forgotten Bookmarks: A Bookseller's Collection of Odd Things lost Between the Pages by Michael Popek


It's happened to all of us: we're reading a book, something interrupts us, and we grab the closest thing at hand to mark our spot. It could be a train ticket, a letter, an advertisement, a photograph, or a four-leaf clover. Eventually the book finds its way into the world-a library, a flea market, other people's bookshelves, or a used bookstore. But what becomes of those forgotten bookmarks? What stories could they tell? By day, Michael Popek works in his family's used bookstore. By night, he's the voyeuristic force behind www.forgottenbookmarks.com, where he shares the weird objects he has found among the stacks at his store. Forgotten Bookmarks is a scrapbook of Popek's most interesting finds. 

I tried really hard to get into this book. I was really interested in the concept and thought some of the pictures he found were really neat. i wanted to know if he went searching for some of the people in the pictures. I wanted to know more about the people and why they did certain things. I just felt like I was left hanging throughout the book. I wanted to always know more. I do recommend this book to any historian.


Comments

Popular Posts