What's In Your Pocket? by Heather L. Montgomery



Charles Darwin, George Washington Carver, and Jane Goodall were once curious kids with pockets full of treasures! When you find something strange and wonderful, do you put it in your pocket? Meet nine scientists who, as kids, explored the great outdoors and collected "treasures." What's in Your Pocket? by Heather L. Montgomery illustrated by Maribel Lechuga was published in September 2021. 

It's been a busy year already and I am trying to write reviews for kids books on here and adult books on another blog. But I still read a book to my kids for bed and this book was one of them. Cassie and I really enjoyed reading about each scientist as a kid. Cassie loved how they were just like her collecting treasures and things they find when we are out and about. We talked about what things we wouldn't want to collect like bugs and reptiles. As a mom I really enjoyed reading this book to Cassie. Because it showed how curiosity and wonder can help you all the way into adult hood. I think parents forget that they used to gather things to bring home to "collect" as a kid. The illustrations in this book are great and help the story get across to the younger kids. I find some of the text was a little long but it was easy to keep the book moving. Cassie really enjoyed this story and asked to take it to bed with her to read more. I highly recommend checking out this sweet story. 

Themes:

Comments

Popular Posts