How Does My Home Work? (Exploring the Everyday) by Chris Butterworth


How does flipping a switch on the wall the lights come on? Where does the clean water that flows out of the faucet come from? What is used to keep a home warm? Travel beyond the walls and under the floors of a house to find out more about the electricity, water, and natural gas that make your home work - and find out how you can do your part to save energy and preserve these resources. How Does My Home Work? by Chris Butterworth illustrated by Lucia Gaggiotti was published in October 2017. This book is apart of the Exploring the Everyday series. 

I was so surprised on how much I liked this book. I loved how it was in such simple terms for my five year old to understand. I love that they made the pictures exciting for the younger kids to follow along but also keep their attention. Cassie really liked this book so much and is really wanting to read other books in the series. The illustrations are bright and colorful so it's easy to keep little eyes on them. The wording is perfect and flow very well that there is no one to miss read a sentence. I loved how they kept the different resources separate and focused on each one. I highly recommend checking this non-fiction out. 

Exploring the Everyday Series
How Does My Home Work? 
How Did That Get in My Lunchbox?
Where Did My Clothes Come From? 






Comments

Popular Posts