The Blur by Minh Le


From the very beginning, there was something different about this child...An ultrasonic voice. Fantastically elastic limbs. Super-magnetic powers. But it wasn't until the child took her first steps that she became: The Blur! Nothing can stand in her way as she takes the world by storm: always on the move and darting into danger! All too soon, she is zipping through the days, and zooming over the years. The Blur by Minh Le illustrated by Dan Santat was published May 2022. 

The illustrations in this book are amazing. I love how it's a different culture then my own but yet we both experience the same things. Cassie really liked looking at the pictures and laughing at the silly antics of the little girl. She didn't quite understand that the little girl wasn't a superhero in reality. But as a parent who was reading it to their youngest. I agree with the story, it does seem like your child's a blur. The difference between my oldest and my youngest it's hard to not think it was a day apart when in reality it was years apart. I really enjoyed this book and I could see many parents having it on their bookshelf for their kids. I could also see a new parent using it to write stories of their own kids on the pages to give to their child when they reach adult hood. I highly recommend checking this book out you won't be disappointed. 

Themes: 


Comments

Popular Posts