Summertime Sleepers: Animals That Estivate by Melissa Stewart

 


Everyone knows about animals that hibernate in the winter. But it's time to discover animals that sleep all summer long! Summertime Sleepers: Animals that Estivate by Melissa Stewart illustrated by Sarah Brannen was published on April 2021. This book won an award for Donna Norvell Award in 2023. It was nominated for Sibert Medal in 2022, and Pennsylvania Young Readers' Choice Award for Grades K-3 in 2023. 

Cassie and I really enjoyed learning about animals that sleep during the summer. I actually didn't know that animals did that as I only heard about hibernating. We loved learning about each animal and bug that went to sleep during the summer. I do wish the illustrations were pictures of the animals. As some of the animals we don't normally get to see that often where we live. We had fun though learning all the facts. The wording on the pages were perfect for Kindergarteners to read and to understand. I loved how easy it was to read aloud as I didn't stumble at all. I highly recommend checking out this book about animals sleeping. 

Themes

Comments

Popular Posts