Book Review: Before You Were Born by Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis is a mother of four and wrote Before You Were Born to answer the questions her older kids asked while she was pregnant. She currently lives in Beufort, South Carolina.

Laura Cornell has illustrated many books for children, including the best-selling picture books by Jamie Lee Curtis. She currently lives in New York City.

In Before You Were Born by Jennifer Davis and illustrated by Laura Cornell is a way to explain the mystery of mysteries for soon-to-be older siblings: what's going on inside a pregnant mother's belly? It's a great lift-the-flap book for children that tells the parallel story of mother and baby during the nine months of pregnancy. Each page shows what's happening in the mother on the outside and then under the flap it shows what is going on the inside of mother's belly. Children learn how Mommy is feeling and how the baby is developing.

I read this book to my three kids as I am pregnant with #4. My older two kids who are seven and five years old are asking a lot of questions about what is going on inside my tummy. So when I found this book, I was really excited to see if it helped them with some of their own questions. Also to prepare my youngest for his new sibling to make her appearance. I really liked how they talked about all the things Mommy is going through the pregnancy but also what is taking place inside mommy. It helped my kids realize why I am so tired all the time or forget things. The illustrations in this book are amazing and really bring the book to life. I recommend checking this book out.

Comments

Popular Posts