Mom's Summer Camp 2021: Pirate Week Day 1

 I wanted my kids to keep learning during the summer and find a lot of fun things to do that match it. I have also found that my kids will get in a lot of fights if I don't channel their time towards something. So we are doing Mom's Summer Camp all summer long. I picked the theme for this week and the kids all decided on next week's theme. I plan to do different things during the summer and just have fun. So today was Day 1 of pirate week. 

We had breakfast and woke up to the day. We then spent a lot of the morning outside either jumping on the trampoline (best purchase ever) or just playing around the yard. We then came in and I put on Paw Patrol pirate episodes for the littlest. The older three worked on their summer workbooks (We do Brain Quest Summer Workbooks), I then tested each of them on sight words all....three hundred of them. (Need the List click here), I then tested Ginny on multiplication facts (0, 1, 2) and stopped at two as she didn't get them all in two minutes. So this week we will work on the twos till she can get them in at 2 minutes. Miles worked on addition facts and Mason on making sure he can count and write to 100. Those things are to see where we need to start this summer on individual work. 



The kids got a break. During this time they can play on the switch, read a book, listen to audio book, watch paw patrol, color, play with playdoh, play outside. We then had lunch and then I read to them a book. Today was Pirate's Perfect Pet by Beth Ferry. We then created our own perfect pirate pet and made it into a puppet. Here is the template we used for our parrot. 



Cassie of course wanted to run around outside and make the parrot do funny things. She also begged me to take a picture. All in all it was a lot of fun. 




We also ended our day with our family reading session of Percy Jackson the lightening thief. 


What have you been up to this week? 



Comments

Popular Posts