Book Review: The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats


Another book that we have read during the summer. I think we were hoping for cooler weather to keep us cool in the hot humid air.

"The Snowy Day" by Ezra Jack Keats was published in 1976. It even won a Caldecott Medal in 1963. This book captures the magic and sense of possibility of the first snowfall. It has a universal appeal and that has been retold for so many families.

When I first read this story, I was in first grade class with Ms. Steele. Now here I am sharing this book with my own children. I think most families want to find a perfect book that is passed down from generation to generation. My kids really loved the simple illustrations throughout this book and loved the story of the child trying to save a snow ball. We also made lots of guesses of what they think will happen to the snowball. My kids really loved it and I can't wait to see if this is a book that they will read to their own future children. This book will stay in our library.

Check out other books on Mason's 1000 books before Kindergarten.

Check out other books on our Summer 2019 books.



Comments

Popular Posts