Questions to Help Your Child Become a Better Reader

I love finding ways to help my kids become better readers, I also often ask their teachers on how I can help encourage my kids to become better readers. So here are some questions that I ask when I read stories with my kids to keep their minds going.


Who is the main character? 

What was the setting?

What was the problem in the story and how was it solved?

What do you predict will happen next in the story?

Why do you think the author chose the title for the story? 

Do you like the title of the story? Why or Why not?

Can you think of a different title for the story? 

Which character from the story would you choose to be your friend? Why?

What part of the story was the most exciting? Why?

Do you like the end? Why or Why not? 

Try asking these questions with your kids. I am sure you will be surprised by some of their answers.


Comments

Popular Posts